Central government has launched a scheme called DigiLocker. Anyone having an Aadhar card can login to digitallocker.gov.in and upload scanned copies of all the important documents like 10th marksheet, 12th marksheet, Graduation certificate, electricity bill, PAN, Driving License, Passport etc. So whenever, you will need those documents (for verification by govt agencies while applying for any service etc), you can directly give your locker number and it is done! No more hassles of carrying those documents and tons of photocopies. Please use it and share with friends A very Practical step taken by Government.
To sign up for DigiLocker, you need your Aadhaar number (issued by UIDAI).
There are two ways to sign up:
1. Mobile OTP: Use this method if your Aadhaar number is linked to your mobile number.
2. Biometric: If you have a biometric device attached to your computer, you can sign up by scanning your fingerprint.
Here are five things you need to know about Digital Locker or DigiLocker:
1. Digital Locker will provide secure access to government-issued documents. It uses authenticity services provided by Aadhaar.
2. Digital Locker is aimed at eliminating the use of physical documents and enables sharing of verified electronic documents across government agencies.
3. Digital Locker provides a dedicated personal e-storage space to citizens, linked to their Aadhaar numbers.
4. Digital Locker will reduce the administrative overheads of government departments and agencies created due to paper work. It will also make it easy for Indian citizens to receive services by saving time and effort as their documents will now be available anytime, anywhere and can be shared electronically.
5. To sign up for your Digital Locker, you need your Aadhaar number and a mobile number linked to that Aadhaar number. To sign up, visit https://digitallocker.gov.in/